- Only financial members may enter work.
- Entries will be received from 1.30 pm – 3.30 pm on the date specified.
- All works must be for sale (except the Featured Member) and priced at least at $40.
- The Society charges a 25% commission on all works sold.
- Good quality materials must be used.
- There is a non-refundable entry fee of $5 for each work unless the area exceeds one-metre square, then the fee will be $10.
- All work submitted for entry must be completely original, i.e. not copied from another artist’s work and not produced under a tutor.
- All works must have the exhibitor’s contact details, name, price, medium and phone number securely affixed to the back of the work. All works must be visibly signed by the artist.
- Paintings must be dry and clay 3D works must be fired.
- 3D works must be sturdy and have a non-scratch protective base.
- Only work that has not been exhibited in previous AAS exhibitions may be entered.
- By entering, you grant permission for the society to publish images of your work for publicity purposes.
- All entries are accepted at the owner's risk. No responsibility is taken by the Society for the safety of any work exhibited or stored and accepts no responsibility for the safety or security of works beyond the security offered by the building’s security. Insurance of entries is the owner’s responsibility.
- Entrants must accept that some exhibitions will be selected.
- Members whose work is accepted for entry will be asked to do gallery sitting.
- Each exhibition usually features the work of one member; this person pays no entry fee but is charged the 25% commission. The committee chooses the member to be approached for being featured.
- The Featured Member may use works previously shown in society exhibitions.
- The entries of the Featured Member are not subject to selection.
- Entries are allowed to be "Not For Sale".
Some of our exhibitions are selected, i.e. all entered works are reviewed by a panel of 5 member artists elected for their artistic knowledge by the members attending the AGM. The selection panel decides whether the work is of a high enough standard to exhibit.
Works to be Exhibited
- Members may enter a total of 6 small-medium works, less than one half a metre square, including the frame. Note: Unframed matted works will be displayed in the print rack.
- Or three larger works from one half a metre square up to the 1.5 metre-square, including the frame.
Works to be exhibited in the "Print Rack"
- These are unframed works on paper or canvas board (not stretched canvas).
- Works, except canvas covered board, must have mattes, backing boards and a clean, clear Acetate cover.
- Works must be no larger than 80 cm x 60 cm including the matte. These sizes are necessary to accommodate the dimensions of the print rack.
- These must be suitable for indoor exhibition.
- Dependent on the size and fragility we may require the artist to provide the display stand.
- Frames are to be neat, clean and undamaged.
- Unframed stretched canvases must have neatly finished edges.
- All paintings must have a stranded wire for hanging, secured by D-rings set at a distance approximately 1/3 from the top of the frame.
- Glass must be clean.
Collection of Unsold and Sold Works
- Between 3 pm and 3.15 pm on the closing date as specified in the event calendar.
- Or the week following the exhibition during sketch group hours. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10 am - 1 pm, Friday 10.00 am – 2 pm. Not Wednesday, due to the Life drawing group.
For any enquiries please contact
To download the conditions of entry please click the link below.
Conditions of entry
This Entry Form is for your entry details and must accompany your entries.
Please print clearly.
To download, click the one of the links below.
Choose MS Word.doc if you wish to type your details.
Exhibition Entry Form, MS Word doc.
Exhibition entry form. PDF
To download the information slips for the rear of the work use this link.